Posted by : Brandon Loh Saturday, May 11, 2013

Hello my Dear Blog.

Its been a while, a long while since i had logged into this blog and created a new post. I have once again admired those who are able to maintain their blogs to type in their weekly, or daily reflections and thoughts of life.

As many of my close friends would know, upon graduation from Institute of Technical Education, Short form, ITE, I've proceed with a bold decision to journey into the crazy world of advertising. A rather bold decision indeed as i do not know if i had made the right choice. Graduating with a Nitec in Visual Communications, I have still no confidence on my Design due to the other talented Graphic Design student around me. I have then come to know that there are many people out there fighting for a place in the world of design.

I've shown my intrest in my current School, Chatsworth Medi@rt Academy, short form for CMA. Among all it's modules, one particular one has caught my eye and really made me really want to sign up.


AND IT'S NOT ADVERTISING.


I must say that my journey to Advertising is a crazy choice, and'll i'll explain why.


The course that i had my eyes set on for is Editorial Design. It's the season where i've been showing a huge intrest for Fashion Photography.


Of course, before being admitted to the school, i would have to present my portfolio which i had built up in ITE. To my amazement, I got to jump a total of four modules, Visual Communications, Cooperate Identity, Typography and Design Studios.


And i had no idea how in the world did i manage to skip them. I've joined up a class of three, making me the fourth in this small class. It is funny how other classes will have way more people then what my class is made of.


And there comes the first few lessons.

As many of my dear old friends would have known, the personality of Brandon In Secondary School, Brandon in ITE and Brandon in CMA is totally different. Many have changed in these 8 years. On the First Day of School, I've reverted to the Shy, Introvert Little Boy.


Many Difficulties and Stress came my way. With my Classmates knowing that i had skipped 4 modules, and also have used the softwares they have not learnt how to use, from my perspective, Im the best in class. Knowing that im not good at designing things at all as i've been overshadowed by the talented people in Class back in ITE, my classmates and the teachers would be like, 

hey brandon, your design is so simplistic and nice. How did you do this? Could you take a look at my work? What color should i use? 

To me this is over praising. Its stressful to the extend i'll just go like, haha, and i'll guide them out with their work and at the same time, worry about mine.


Two words that will always come out of our mouths is one did a design that is more splendid then the other. 


SPOIL MARKET


Of course, we as a class have bonded through to our final artwork submission which is just now, on Friday.

I have came to know what Advertising is all about.

I've pulled out my courage despite my lousy social skills and set of designs back last year to join a program in school called the awards lab. As it's name states, the purpose of this program is to do up works/projects to send for competitions for awards. The two mains are D&ad, short form for Design and Advertising Awards and Crowbars.


This program has shifted my body clock to the opposite due to me juggling with my other modules, copywriting and my final assignment.

Going through this program lets me know to what extend of interest do I have in the world of advertising and also for me to evaluate where am I am standing.

The journey into this is not an easy choice, but I believe that with passion and commitment, everything will turn out fine.

Popular Post

Blogger templates

The name's Brandon
I'm Now 18(Hw fast time flies
In the past, i was given a nickname called Kampong
Why? Because i wore Singlet and shorts to town in secondary 2
I was from Canberra Secondary School
ITE College Central, Tampines
and i would keep now as a secret
I'm a Child of God
Faith Community Baptist Church
Boys' Brigade 99th Company
Tennis, Basketball, Frisbee, Badminton
Piano, Guitar
Photography
I LOVEEE ANIME!
Recent addiction to K-POP
Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Me. Myself. I. -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -